Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Photo Challenge #36

The Challenge: Submit and photograph or series of photographs representing/interpreting your favorite poem, line from a book, Bible passage or perhaps even something you've written.
The Rules:
1.) 1-5 photographs B/W or colour
2.) Tweaking is allowed
3.) Submit by this weekend if you can.
4.) Make sure you post the inspiration behind your photos as well as it's source.


From the book Johnny Appleseed
by Reeve Lindbergh, Kathy Jakobsen Hallquist
He said he'd bring them apple trees,
Our Lord's gift to the earth,
He said the sun would warm his seeds,
The rain would give them birth.
He said that each good orchard grown
Would bear fruit as God planned,
And give the yearning pioneers
A taste of Promised Land.





After taking many photos I realized that my camera lens had a smudge so there may be a blurry spot... also still trying to work on taking outside pictures when it is bright out.

3 comments:

  1. I think the light in these is great!! I wouldn't worry about the smudge either....sometimes these accidents work out well. I would say it was to your advantage. The light combined with the blurry spot totally works for me. These have a very whimsical quality. I love the piece of work you chose and the apple orchard was perfect. Thanks for sharing...I really like these. oh and..... I LOVE GREEN! so there's that too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie-
    these really are beautiful images...and I agree with Erin- with this set, the smudge works. It adds a sort of dream-like quality. The vivid colors are just awesome in these, too!
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely series! My favorite is the 2nd where your little one is reaching high for the apples.

    ReplyDelete