Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Photo Challenge #18

This week's challenge is to photograph numbers 1-7.

Rules:
1.) 7 photos total (If you feel ambitious go ahead and do all 12), one photo for each number.
2.) your photos can either represent the number or have the actual number in letters or numbers.
3.) B/W or Colour
4.) Tweaking is allowed.
5.) Photos should be submitted by either Friday, May 29 or Sat. May 30
5.) Have Fun!

Due to allergies I confined myself to the house... so all the photos were taken from everyday home life. I really tweaked these photos, hubby pointed out last week that we have GIMP on the computer so I have been playing with it every since, might have gone over board on it but I was having fun (rule #5)! I really got in the groove and did 0 - 12, I did straight up find objects/things that look like the number. I struggled with the #5 and ended up taking a photo of a calendar 5... it would have been out of place of my series to have done a picture of 5 items. Have fun looking at them... I had fun taking them!














When my daughter found out I was taking number pictures she actually made the number 9 and 10 for me out of her toys, I thought it was so sweet of her that I just had to use them (with a little tweaking).

5 comments:

  1. I love love love these!

    Particular favorites include:

    "1" - I like the lighting in this - it looks magical like a place for fairies to hang out :D

    "2" and "12" - love the shoe idea and that one is in b&w and one is color - the red really pops in the last one.

    "6" is gorgeous and "7" makes me giggle - but it too has lovely coloring in it.

    "4" took me a moment to get but it's pretty creative - plus you've managed to make what appears to be bathroom tile look interesting!

    What is "8" exactly?

    I think they're all pretty super really and the vibrant colors are great :)

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #8 are the bottoms of a pepper grinder and a salt shaker on there sides (the blue is my wall color and the dark brown is the table so I had to turn the pic to make it work).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it really interesting that both you and Erin Jo did the same style AND included 0. How could I forget zero? The lack of a zero made life overly complicated for the Romans!

    Katie, I had fun looking at these. I think they're really creative and they work together as a whole. I think "4" has to be one of my favorites form this set. Out of context it makes no sense at all, but I could see the 4 right away. I don't think I would have thought of doing that.

    I know you said you cheated a little with the five but it didn't stick out at me at all. I think because it's sort of out of focus and slanted that it's really the same style as the other photos. I love the shoe shots but think since you didn't repeat any other image it looks a little redundant having the show be "2" and "12".

    How cool that Julia helped you out! "9" is so simple but it's a strong composition and the colours work nicely, I love that it's monochromatic. All these pictures have a really crazy wacky feel to them and it works!

    Good job!

    diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are really cool! I love the fact that they were all found around the house-
    there's also something really surreal and abstract about all of them, which ties it together well as a series. I think my only criticism is that you used the same shoe for 2 and 12 and that's a little distracting for me....but, at the same time, great job at doing all 12 (well, technically 13, since you included 0)
    i had to look at these twice before I figured out what you were doing- I was so focused on the actual numbers that I didn't think to find things that LOOKED like numbers. But then I saw what Erin Jo did, and you two apparently were on the same wavelength. Funny how that happens ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are soooo fun! I love your creativity :) My favorite by far is 6--it's just awesome! And I love how Julia got into the act and helped you out :) I can tell you had fun with the tweaking too--and they all look great! Nice Job

    ReplyDelete