Friday, June 26, 2009

Photo Challenge #21

this week's challenge is...WATER!
Submit 5 photos of water- in any way, shape, or form
Tweaking IS allowed
Have submissions in by Saturday, June 27th.

I was not sure I would be able to be apart of this weeks challenge since I spent the whole week at my in-laws BUT with water being picked, the humid hot weather and a kiddie pool everything fell into place. As my daughter was splashing, dumping and playing in the water I just started to snap. There is no "theme" besides water, I just did various shots that dealt with water (2 B&W, 3 in color). I really enjoyed taking this pictures and have found a new love for reflections in the water.

Falling water; daughter was pour water out of a bucket into the kiddie pool.

At the end of swim time we would dump the small kiddie pool out and the water would cover the blackish driveway.... which my daughter loved to play in and I loved the reflections, you can faintly see my daughter's reflection in the photo.


This is another water reflection photo, the very bottom is actual grass but the trees & sky are a reflection in the water that was on the driveway.


Close up of the reflection.

Right before going inside my daughter started to put her head on the ground and look through her legs... this is another reflection shot.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your entry this week. The first picture is really refreshing.

    The reflection pictures are all awesome. I like studying when you can see the grass underneath.

    The last one is very interesting with all of the angles that she is making. Nice job. I'm glad you found the time to make an entry this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your 2nd picture of your daughter looking at the water and the reflections you caught. I also liked your second to last reflection picture because it looked like a painting!
    Good job experimenting with the reflection property of water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the last one! what a cool image! I really love the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are gorgeous! I especially like the 2nd one of your daughter - such a cute and classic type of childhood photo - kids being kids hanging out near puddles. :D The angle, reflection - lovely - and I like that it's in black and white.

    The tree reflection ones are great too - you've mangaged to capture some really lovely colors there.

    the last one is pretty awesome too! Very creatively done on both your part and your daughter's part :)

    The first photo makes me thirsty :) Nice water action shot.

    ReplyDelete